Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Beach Body Challenge

It's getting near!  Ultra Music Festival.  A time for me to escape from the daily stress of work and Nebraska and soak up some sunshine and beautiful music in Florida!  I'd really like to chisel off some of this extra weight before I go and get into the most incredible shape I've ever been in.  Therefore, I'm creating a challenge for myself.  I want this to be one of the most memorable experiences of my life...in a good way.

Right now, I'm lucky enough to have my afternoons free from work.  Why not take this time to do something productive for my health?

Here's a picture I took of myself a few minutes ago:

I'm definitely down a lot of weight from last year, which is awesome, but if I can get down another 25 pounds, I will feel like a goddess!

RULES:

* NO soda or processed juice.  If it isn't water or tea, and I didn't juice it myself,  I can't drink it.  I am going to make an exception (since I know myself all too well) and say that I can have 3 alcoholic beverages a week.  Check out my post about the importance of drinking water!  http://makeovergodmother.blogspot.com/2011/12/project-h2o.html

* NO fast food.  At all.  Zilch.  Period.

* NO junk food (chips, candy, ice cream, cake, prezels, crackers, overly salty, carb-y, or sugary)

* I can only eat out once a week.

* Follow the "proportion" plan.  http://makeovergodmother.blogspot.com/2011/12/proportion.html

* Work out an hour a day three times a week and two hours a day three times a week, stretches, meditation and refocus one day a week.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE:

Monday: (2) Cardio, strength, abs.
Tuesday: (1) Yoga/ pilates, cardio.
Wednesday: (2) Cardio, strength, abs.
Thursday: (1) Yoga/ pilates, cardio.
Friday: (2) Cardio, strength, abs.
Saturday: (1) Yoga/ pilates, cardio.
Sunday:  An hour of stretching and meditation, weigh in, measure, and record results.  Make new goals and refresh for the next week.

If anyone would like to join me on this challenge, please send me a comment or e-mail.  Work-out buddies make it much more fun.  Also, I'd like to let you in on a little something.  A friend shared a site with me that is filled with all sorts of information on lifestyle change, health, and fitness.  It's free to join and has some awesome work-out plans.  Check out Spark People for ideas when you get in a rut, or if it's your first time doing a work-out routine.  It's a great way to motivate yourself!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/

This is definitely going to be quite a challenge!  I look forward to filling you in on the progress and sharing more pictures of the results.  Hot body, I'll see YOU in a few months.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment