Monday, January 2, 2012

Makeover my...fridge.

Healthy eating tip number one:  make sure you have healthy food to eat.  Duh.

My fridge right now...  full of leftovers, packaged goods, processed junk...what an unorganized, unhealthy mess!  This is partially my fault, and the rest, my 25 year-old male roommate with the metabolism of a 12 year-old growing boy.






Now that I've grossed you all out...  what to do about this mess?

1.  Ditch the crap.  Anything that looks unhealthy, has a ridiculous number of calories, or has gone bad (that doesn't belong to Tony, of course) TOSS.  If you see it, you'll crave it.  I promise.

2.  Make a list of healthy foods that can be transformed into several delicious meals.  Some people like to create a meal plan and go with it.  I live with a hectic schedule that is always being tweaked.  I like to cook in the moment.  Improvise.  Take what I have and create a masterpiece.  There goes that right brain again.

My List of Refrigerator must-haves:

*Baby spinach
*Eggs
*Skim milk
*Light vinegarette
*Roasted red peppers
*Imitation crab meat
*Yogurt
*Artisan cheeses
*Chicken
*Fish
*Lemons
*Onion
*Bell peppers
*Mushrooms
*Frozen berries

3.  Shop.  Don't be afraid to scan the ads to find your best values.

4.  Clean and re-stock the fridge.

5.  Voila!  Happy healthy eating to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment